Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs starting probs

B

bennyc10

hey peeps i have a 95 vs ute it starts ok usually after a few cranks when cold. but if i take it for a drive and leave it and come bak an hour later or more it usually takes between 5 to 10 seconds to crank over. i heard it could be a prob with a leak into the vacuum line causing low pressure in the fuel rail? what is the part that can stop the leak is it a new hose or valve?? cheers dudes.:bang:

Last edited by a moderator:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
probably fuel pressure related, get a pressure test done (cost about 20 bux if that)

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
Look for a fuel leak somewhere. Your pressure regulator could be leaking through to the manifold via the vacuum hose also.

CHANDLC

BushBasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 V6 VS LEXCEN
usualy if there is a vacume leak the engine will idle at higher revs, or you could try waiting for your fuel light to go out when you turn on the ignition and then start it and see if that makes a difference. But it could also be your crank sensor thats what was wrong with mine when it started to have starting trouble, pretty much what your explaining

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
The vacuum leak I was refering to isn't to atmosphere which would cause a high idle. I am suggesting it could be leaking fuel through the pressure regulator diaphragm into the inlet manifold. The problem wouldn't be noticable while the engine is running and the fuel pump is operating. Usually crank angle sensors work or they don't instead of causing hestations, not impossible though.

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
could be ecu.
my did that for 3 months including cutting out totally twice then died big time.
5 minute job, $220 to buy

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Get it fixed asap. You put strain on the starter motor constantly trying to start the car and it will have a shorter life too if you dont fix the problem.