Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1 loose wire = BIG problems!

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
Well as some of you may know i've been getting code 41 and 42 alot and my car has been running rough and chugging.
I took it to the local mechanic and got it serviced and he found the problem.
It was one wire in the connector which connects to the dfi module, wire A to be more specific. The wire was in the connector, but it had no end on it to connect to the pin, so it was just bare wire connecting to the pin which would not have been getting a good connection.
We put an end on it and problem solved!

Also i used to have alot of auto problems where i would lose first gear after my engine warms up.
Well after the service it hasnt lost first yet, i've had it serviced before which never fixed the problem and they done all the same things like change oil and whatever they do. But this time its fixed so i was thinking maybe that loose wire may have been causing the problem.

The mechanic also told me that he doesnt think the wire in the connector ever had an end on it by looking at the wire. He thinks maybe it was a factory stuff up which has only just started causing a problem.
Since i have had the car i have never pulled off that plug so the end couldnt have come off.

Just thought id share my story with yas all incase someone is experiencing a similar problem.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Unfortunatly the connector is prone to deterioration due to its location. Water and the fact that it sits a bit tight make it subject to cause problems.

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
The connector was not deteriorated at all. The metal connector which was meant to be on the end of the wire was missing and no sign of any deterioration or anything.
The end of the wire was clean and straight as though it had never had anything on the end of it.