Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gas Problems

Vazard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S V6
I currently has dual fuel setup on my VS.

I think my gas is just poorly tuned. It runs chuggy and horrible when in gas mode. My gears dont kick back and it changes gear by speed not rpm on my auto. Like it changes to 4th at 90 but doesnt before.
When I put my foot down the car shakes and accelerates like a turtle.
If i accelerate normally its not as bad but takes like 30 seconds to get from 80-100.
Idles rough and sounds horrible, drives horrible.
Has gotten worse since I installed new exhaust/extractors.

Would it be an electrical/ecu problem or mechanical?

I hate the thing and would like to get it removed as it takes up room in my boot and id rather have a sub in there. Id prefer to use premium petrol anyway.

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
Vacuum leaks will make an LPG powered vehicle run like a bag of s..t. First thing I'd be checking for. It make need an LPG tune but have a look there first.

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
yeah check for leaks everywhere, may sound obvious and sorry if it does but park the car in sunlight and see if you can see the wavy lines around the car where gas is leaking... u know the lines u see when u turn the stove gas on but don't light it.... i hope that makes sense...hehe

K

kim_08

Take it back to where you got it done it should be free as it should come with a warranty. when i had my conversion done it ran a bit **** took it back to the ppl who did it for me and now she runs like a dream