Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when it comes to a 5 litre

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
hey people. when it comes to buying a 5 litre vn - vt, do you think it'd be hard to find one that hasn't been thrashed heaps/treated badly? coz people don't buy V8's to drive like grannies, and i love my 5 litres, and was wondering if there is a great chance of buying a 5 litre that has been treated like crap. do you think that you'd have to be super extra extra extra careful when buying a 5 litre as compared to buying a V6 commodore?

thanx in advance for helping out with a stupid sounding question. :)

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
no you can tell if i car has been thrashed by the way it drives, just ask to be taken for a test drive and see how the driver drives their car,
well thats my opinion on telling if its thrashed or not but the owners driving habits is the main point

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
Not so stupid a question, a good one in fact. I think u are spot on, not many peps buy a v8 to drive to church, either they want to give it heaps or tow Australia 2 or some 4t tri axle caravan half way around oz. If ya gunna buy a v8 check the histroy!!!!! kms are a big issue. Dont forgot that it's not only the motor that might have done 300,000 odd kms but the trans/box, the diff, the steer rack and other accilleries. I love v8's and own one myself, but ya can't go wrong with a mid 100,000 to 150,000kms vt/vx v6 drive one u will be suprised, they will go just as hard as a stock 250,000kms vn/vp v8, will b cheaper on juice and probably insurance, thats my 2 cents worth, good luck

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
well thanx again for your help people. it's much appreciated