Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

looking at vr

G

G-wok

i'm going to check out a vr to buy tomorrow. any tips on what i should look for? like anything in particular that wears/breaks on the car easily? just any tips

shamden22

shamden22
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
some common probs with the vr mate are leaking boot (check under the spare wheel), front end bushes and rubbers but not really a big deal and the main one is if its an auto give it a bit of a work out to make sure its not flairing out between gear changes...happy hunting

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
you can also tell if a commodore has been left in the sun a lot because the roof lining starts to sag big time if they are exposed to a lot of sun. just something to check for

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
not sure if this applies to vr's but as posted in one of the sticky's for vs's is behind the alternator to check for any wiring that may be worn away via heat or whatever

bloodylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S V6 Auto
when i got my VR the radiator was completely ****ed up/leaking everywhere and i had to get a new one. so make sure you check that. also break pads and sway bars tend to wear out but that doesnt cost heaps to get fixed up.

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
oh yeah forgot to mention the radiator also
check the hoses because wen they wear they constrict and cause the temperature to go up on the car.