Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it just me or...?

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
I have a 94 Vr acclaim

When i fill up my car with petrol and hold the trigger all the way down when it gets nearly full it is meant to click so no more petrol comes through. But as this happens it gushes out all this petrol all over my car. Now i just dont fill up a quickly and time my time; when its allmost full i hold the trigger half way so it doesnt gush out when its full.

Does this happen to anyone else?

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
no i have the opposite where the bloody thing keeps clicking and stopping and i got to move it around a bit, i hate that

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
nah, trya different servo see if its ur car or there pumps :p, but at least ur hose didnt split at the filler neck thing :( my leg got soked in fuel :(

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Depends on the servo... different bowsers behave differently. Some click sooner, some click later, and as you said, some don't click at all.

Yeah I've had it splash over before, but it wasn't at a servo I normally go to, and I've just put it down to a crap bowser. Just be sure you wash it off :)

You may also need to work the bowser further into the tank.. (it goes in on a funny angle)...

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I look at the trip computer and fuel guage before I fill...then I know how much fuel I can add.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Not all of us have a trip computer :p (yet :D)

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
You exec guys can stick your finger in the filler to check then ! :rofl:

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I think i might have a problem filling mine though,..... I don't know whether i can even open it :p

Going up to pickles on the weekend to get the stereo out, should be able to get some decent pics.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
its most likely that the flow rate of the bowsers at the servo are turned up too high....think of it like a hose filling up a bucket...
if its up turned up really high and you blast heaps of water into the bucket you make it quite turbulent and the water sways and splashes about... then when its full and you quickly turn the tap off, because you had so much water flowing out of the hose, by the time you turn if fully off you've added more water in that time (going above full) and added to the turbulent swaying of the water it splashes over the side, so it can level out at full.
thats basically whats happening when you fill up with fuel, and why your gettin fuel flying out of the tank.

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
i had this problem as well
well actually both of the problems. it wouldnt stay on it would click off all the time and when its full it gushes out.
lol and the fuel prices are up so high i prob lose a good 60c lol that could buy me some gum or something