Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where are the senders??

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
My VR just went apeshit with the traditional crack just under the radiator tank near the top hose.
$240 for a new tank, flush was needed (75% blockage), new thermostat and refill.
OK now just toi make sure, and due to being anal about my baby, as my wife tells me, I want to change the senders.
I have read that there is an after market for the temp sender and I have been advised that its a good idea to regularly change the thermo fan sender.

So I ask does anyone know here these rae located on a VR Statesman?

A picture or 2 would help this big spaz out heaps so I can actually see what the hell they look like.

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
Only have 2 sender units for the cooling system on any Commodore. One is for the guage and the other is for the ECU which switches the thermo fan. You will find them under the alternator screwed into the inlet manifold from memory. Go buy them both from Holden is my suggestion, that is the cheapest option that I know of and they are genuine. The one for the ECU should set you back around $20 but not sure about the other. Once purchased you will then be able to positively identify them.

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
There is supposed to be one on the thermostat housing

but it ain't there.
At least not on my car for some reason