Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lack of engine power around corners??

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
Hey guys,

My name's Peter (my first post!)

Just a quick question, when i turn left or right around tight bends in the road, not at an intersection, & i put my foot down, not to loose the rear end, but to power thru the corner, its almost like my car stalls!? then as soon as the centre of gravity is back in the middle its okay again!?

AND

also, i have a VR V6, and when you start driving off from the lights it feels like i have a turbo!? as in the car pulls off then after a few seconds regardless of gear position/change etc, it pulls off even harder!?!?!? A few mechanics have tested & felt it, but cant diagnose it!!

Have you felt anything like these few things before!? I hope i explained it properly!? :) ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Thankyou!

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
what ya want 4 the rims? and what state u in?
sorri cant help ya wid ur prob, got no idea.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
are these the same car???
gutless cornering, I would suggest a fuel issue such as clogged filter or (at a stretch) a stuffed fuel pump

as for the turbo - you lucky SOB lol, it could be a different diff ratio, or just a decent engine. mine used to be a pig when it got warm, then all of a sudden it goes like a zirtec. some things aren't explainable, and in this case, I wouldn't be complaining

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
Hi TheForgotten

Yeah its the same car- i have long suspected that my fuel pump is rooted, should u hear it 'buzzing/humming' etc when standing behind the car whilst its idling??? lol!!:embarrass I'll book it in soon to get a new pump & filter etc :king:

yeah im not sure why it does it, its similar to when your doing like 80/100 & u want it to kick down to a lower gear & it takes a few seconds to do so...? so basically in dry conditions i can never ever get the wheels to 'chirp' yet alone do a burnout... not that i've tried to....:whistling

thanku very much for your feedback- ill get the pump checked out!

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
the near stalling around corners is a fuel surge. fuel runs into one corner of tank and the pickup cant suck up the fuel. The turbo biz could be a dud torque converter.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
sicko said:
I'll book it in soon to get a new pump & filter etc
DIY.
IBLOWN could be right with fuel surging. I was thinking that, but it will only affect if the tank is low. also, FYI, fuel in the tank acts as a coolant for the pump, so it could well be rooted.

IBLOWN said:
The turbo biz could be a dud torque converter.
ermmm... I dunno about that, a stuffed converter will ahve the car strugglin like a fat guy with a zipper, not get it goin faster than usual

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
it will surge even if the tank is half full or so. mine does.

the torque converter may still feel like turbo lag if it is taking a while to lock up.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
the weird thing im having with my vs is it flys on the way to work in the morning [ 2km drive, cold start ] but it seem to get more sluggish as it warms up, i put this down to changes in the transmission fluid, serviced it recently and it runs a lot smoother overall but the morning run always sees my car feeling at its best....

weird.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Patrio7 said:
the weird thing im having with my vs is it flys on the way to work in the morning [ 2km drive, cold start ] but it seem to get more sluggish as it warms up, i put this down to changes in the transmission fluid, serviced it recently and it runs a lot smoother overall but the morning run always sees my car feeling at its best....

weird.

Its alot cooler in the morning, cold air makes the car run nicely.

bloodylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S V6 Auto
sicko, did your car all of a sudden start doing the turbo thing or has it always done that