Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr gts mags - pricing

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
hey guys, just wondering wheres the best place to pick up a set of new genuine 17" vr gts rims for a good price. i've tried wheel king (www.wheelking.com.au) and they've got a fairly good price (compared to holden's ~$2550 - and that's without caps) so anyone know somewhere i can find a better price or that's the best i'm gonna find? thanks.

M

medz84

im after the same rims but i havnt gone to get any prices yet i think for that price ill get vy ss 18inch rims as there 1500 with tyres original

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
yea well when i think about it, the gts rims suit it better. i had my heart on the vy ss rims, but they look too modern for the old style commodore. i was in cairns today, and i went to all the tyre places, and they said that only holden makes them genuine, therefore they can set whatever price they want - anything else would be some cheap aftermarket make. anyone who has had any dealings with this company, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

VROCIOUS

Searching for more HP
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
04 HSV VY update Avalanche
you will be hard pressed to find any cheaper then that but i dunno man they just dont look that good unless there on an original gts hey imo

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
I had a set of genuine VR senator rims (same as gts) and i was trying to sell them for $600 with tyres, and i still couldnt get that, so i sold them with the car!

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
yea... what's the difference between the gts and the senator rims (beside $500 - $1000 extra for the senator ones)?

elljay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VS Berlina
medz84 said:
im after the same rims but i havnt gone to get any prices yet i think for that price ill get vy ss 18inch rims as there 1500 with tyres original
hey, they put those rims on special for $1000 avery now and then, I waited for mine! they look sweet too

Attachments

• car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,852

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
no diff that i no of except that the GTS ones have a GTS sticker on them,
i was lucky and got a genuine set of a written off GTS for $600 and they are a nice rim in my opinion. The deal from wheelking is a good one!

MrFeelgood

Blown 5.7 inch oops Ltr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR GTS
GTS original with the sticker is actually coded to the car its put on at HSV and stamped.
I was thinking on selling mine as the previous owners gutter rashed them or get them repaired.
Same deal with front struts, coded to car i just keep them in the shed in case i sell the car and the buyer wants original gear with it.