Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight Issues....

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
Hey all,

Ive got a problem with my headlights in my 95 VS executive, The passenger side light doesnt light up properly and it seems that the the power is being drained away from it, has any one had this problem or know what could be causeing it?

Thanks, Zach

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
acctually my 96 VS exec is doing it as well, the left headlight is dim, someone mentioned it could be dodgy earth or similar electrical related fault. but i haven't seen it before.

I'll wait for someone knowledgeable to give some advice :)

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
I'd be looking for a bad earth. Try something simple like replacing the bulb, not expensive and not hard. Then at least you have eliminated one potential problem.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
You really need a voltmeter or multimeter. If you havent got one I would recommend one. You can pick one up from dick smith that can do everything you need for about $17. If you know how to use it you can find just about any electrical problem. If you do have one disconnect the bulb and check the voltage. Compare it to the good bulb. If the voltage on each bulb is about the same the problem is with the bulb itself, but if the voltage is different the problem lies somewhere else, which shouldnt be too hard to find. I will help you if you can supply me with this information.