Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trip computer

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
hey all,

i want to put in a level 3 dash cluster and i was just wondering is hard to set up a trip computer with it or is to much work to stuff around with

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I just completed this conversion myself and in my opinion its worth the effort. It's not an easy job and if you've never done it before it can take up to a day. You'll need about $250 worth of parts (level 3 cluster, loom, trip computer buttons.) markovr has some nice wiring diagrams done up. They are a little hard to understand but once I deciphered it modifying the loom to take the level 3 cluster was quite easy.

see thread here:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=994

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
thanx shaggerz, this looks like great stuff, when i plan to do the cluster changeova i also plan on changing a few other things like my headunit etc. i plan to do this all at once and i want to take the whole dash out of the car to make things easier, i might even try to install digital climate control aswell

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
climate control is apparently not too expensive ($400 or so) but a real pain to do. It's not just the unit you need, but all the sensors that go with it...

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
yeah i assumed that, ill just go to the wreckers and rip apart something with climate control, and i dont really mind fiddling around with it besides im taking out the whole dash might aswell giv a try

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
looks good. its just the way i want to set mine up aswell