Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS: headlights not working

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Friday night i turned my lights on and only 1 headlight was working the other on parkers, then last night none were working, both on parkers. But high beams work fine and so do parkers. I checked the fuses and their fine, do i need new globes or is there something else i should check?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
it'll just be globes man, too easy to do, unscrew the "cap" at the back of the lights and take out the globe to check.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
just when u replace the globes dont touch the glass globe bit grab it from behind cos u can blow ur new globes by just havin ur fingerprint on them

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Oh awesome guys, thanx alot, i read through gregorys and it said to take front bumper off and all this.
I just thought it might have been something else coz high beams still work and they both stopped working within a day of eachother.

I have another globe at home, so i'll give it a shot, cheers

anfsvl

VPDRIVER
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 Holden Commodore VP SII EXEC
one more thn likey will blow afta the other due to the voltage running to the other is ova powering suggest u change them both....also there is a clip u have to spring off take s2 seconds u dont needa remove the bumber

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Yea no need to remove the bumber unless you are taking the headlights themselves out. You just want to remove the bulb.

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Yeh, well after the first one blew on friday night i bought a new globe saturday morning, then when the other one blew saturday night, i didnt know what was wrong, but yeh, i put the new globe on yesturday, without taking the whole thing out, just awkward putting that clip over properly and screwing it in, sore back!
Cheers guys

V

VR_WAGON_BORGY

dude ull ghet used to it afta awhile... point of advice us a 1/4 flat screw driver tht way it pops out easier... first time is always the hardest...after tht its good...

V

VR_WAGON_BORGY

the post by vr borgy in here n this one is typed by anfsvl :p just on my bros acount tths all didnt notice