Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I thought it was the transmission...

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hey,

Here's the story. Last night, driving home, bout to take off from the lights and no go. Car no move. Anyway, pulled over and a there was transmission fluid leaking out from somewhere on the right hand side of my car.

So the towey comes, and he says not to worry, it's most likely a high pressure line on the trans that's busted and that it isn't a huge job, and that it was a 'bug' Holden claimed to fix but never did.

Can anyone help me out at all by enlightening me with some feedback please?

Cheers! :)

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
What feedback do you want!?!?!? What was the outcome? What was the fault?

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Whoa! Sorry dude! The outcome was trans fluid leaking, no torque. I would like to know if this so called high pressure line or whatever it is according to the towey is something which other people had experienced, or know of it happening.

I can edit my post, if it makes it any easier...

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds like the line to the oil cooler broke - if its a series 2 VS there are about 4 possible lines to break plus some hoses as they have 2 coolers unlike the series 1. I've never heard of a fault other than bad luck in this direction. Please publish the results.

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Yeah I'll keep you updated. It's only a Series 1 btw. It just got towed now and they're hopefully gonna fix the problem and its hopefully not gonna cost too much! :p

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Car fixed and returned today. It did indeed turn out to be a high pressure hose from the transmission. A 90 dollar fix and it actually seems to run a little better.

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
hey dude,

nah i wasnt having a go at you- you explained yourself well just seemed to me anyways when you asked for feedback didnt get what u wanted it on-! sorry maybe i was tired that night!