Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting later model HSV pedals to a VS...

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
...can it be done? I was looking at some pretty schmick pedals on eBay - think they were alloy Monaro pedals and wondered if they could be fitted to the VS or if they were completely different size etc.? Has anyone else bothered/fitted other type racing pedals? If so can we see some pics? Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I did a quick search and couldn't find much. Cheers.

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
LOL! Pedals are pedals if you ask me...

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
I know it can be done, I have seen someones car on cardomain a while ago who had them. Apparently the brake is easy (and clutch if you have a manual) but the accelerator pedal is a bit more difficult, but still possible. Sorry I dont have any more details, but yeah it can be done. If anyone has any more info on this I would also like to know as I wouldnt mind some nice pedals :)

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I have fitted the VY SS pedals in my VS easy as you like for the brake and footrest, one month later and the accelertor pedal is yet to be attatched.:bang:

It can be done though, just requires a bit of work.

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
Thanks for the quick replies. What's the deal with the accelerator Killer? Why's it so hard to fit? I wanna add some nice touches to my interior but not go overboard so I was thinking maybe pedals and later some white gauges (if they look okay) and that would be it!

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Go have a look at your accelerator pedal, the way its attatched is by some sort of spring mechanism. Plus its an awkward place to get access to.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
Accelerator was quite easy for me. I didmt bother taking if off i drilled it in the car. I just needed to be accurate and careful but I found it easy

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
angelo.vs said:
Accelerator was quite easy for me. I didmt bother taking if off i drilled it in the car. I just needed to be accurate and careful but I found it easy

This would be your best bet, just drill into the little pin. I have yet to get around to doing it, but I tried using pliers, screw drivers etc to try to pry out the little bugger but its cemented in.

Angelo, what did you end up using to hold the accelerator pedal back in after drilling out the pin? Might be of future help to others including me :bow:

cheers, Killer

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
Sorry I should have explained that better. By drilling it I meant leaving the accelerator as it is ie not taking it out etc and drilling the holes necessary to attach the pedal. I put a small block of wood underneath the accelerator to hold it firmly in place and of course so I dont drill through the floor. Also if you choose to do it that way, make sure you ACCURATELY mark the drill points so you dont end up drilling the metal bit where the pedal is attached to.