Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Wheel Fix

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Has anyone successfully fixed a steering wheel the has had the outer layer come away from the actual steering wheel itself. I mean if you put your hand on the wheel, you can twist it back toward yourself and forward toward the windscreen. Mine has become unstuck from about 10 O'clock all the way though to 3 O'clock. Thought about using a large gauge syringe and inject some glue into it, but don't know what glue to use or what size syringe to use either. This is on a VR with an Airbag.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I think you will be hard pressed to try and fix it successfully. Have a look on ebay, as the steering wheel minus air bag starts about $40 and a steering wheel including air bag $90. Dont bid on any at the moment though, cause im trying to pick a cheap one up for myself and dont want competition. Holden sell them new for something like $1000 for steering wheel and $500 for air bag, or vise-virsa.

shamden22

shamden22
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
drill some small holes at the back of the wheel to put glue into. you will never see it. use a hot glue gun

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah i know some people that have injected araldite (spelling?) into their steering wheels with a hypodermic needle...it works.
just bunch the vinyl as much as you can between your fingers and pump the glue in at an angle...massage it about and leave it to dry.
as far as i know it hasnt come free again to any of the people i know who have done it.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
most auto upholstry places can do it!
basically the wheel comes off, the drill some small holes and fill it with a special heat resistant glue!
costs around $40-50