Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr v8 iginition module

D

donwb

Hi people just had my iginition module die and wonderingif anyone knows what they cost to replace vr 5 ltr.
Cheers

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
New module on a V6 is around $200-300 i think. V8 would be a little bit more i would imagine. I would go with a second hand one. They are normally pretty reliable.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
$230 for a bosch module, make sure it isnt an earth problem first.... they earth through the ECU

J

jeff333

does any one know how much more the MSD one and are they worth it

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ahhhh lots more for alot less.......need alot of mods for this to work at its full potential

D

donwb

well i don't know about an earth problem but we have found that if you touch the module and crank the engine you get boot off the module now that can't be right i've never had a boot from touching the module before

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
find a wiring diagram tho cos im a mechanic and have seen new modules been replaced with the same symptoms and the same result
nothing happens because the earth has a high resistance.
its not too hard to diagnose the problem if you ahve a wiring diagram and you could save yourself 200+ dollars by replacing a wire....

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Auto electricians and some wreckers have reconditioned ones (changeover) for reasonable prices. Not sure where you live. Check out your yellow pages and give them a ring. Only took me about 15 mins and a few telephone calls to get a good deal in Dandenong.

D

donwb

replaced module replaced coil checked factory splices on wiring loom still won't start

D

donwb

finally found the problem the new coil i put on a few weeks ago died what a drama checked everything but the bloody coil cause it was new ah well i will Know next time