Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gearbox/ engine ideas

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
hey everyone i have a few questions gearbox wise.
dad found out today that his back-up work ute has a rooted gearbox, it cant get reverse and the mechanic has said its stuffed, also he said we need a new one, (uncle also a mechanic said the same), now dads interested in a five speed, but thinks it would be better in my car and my cars 'box can go into the ute, only prob is that i did auto P's...so...
1: put a five speed straight into the ute.
2: find a 6 speed for the ute

the only probs is that the only 6 speed conversion place i know about is in brisbane around 20 hours away, does any one know of a 6 speed conversion place around the wagga wagga area? other wise it will be 5 into the ute.

...but, i am a greedy person and stupid, and i would like to find a way to get a five speed auto into my car, so the ute can get my cruddy 4...i know that 5 speeds dont exist for VS so i thought that maybe a full conversion to 3.6 alloytec might be a fun/ difficult idea, would this be possible, i mean does anyone know if the engine mounts are similar and if the gear bos would line up with the interior?

i think its feasible as the 4 speed can be connected to the 3.6 so technically it should fit under the car, it will just be the engine placing that will be difficult...

sorry if i sound full of crap, but i am just hoping for more options and ideas, and to hopefully give u guys something to think about...

cheers, Stretch...

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
mate anything can be done if u have the cash, personally i would prefer a manual box instead of an auto (more fun), shouldve got ur manual licence mate

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
yeah shoulda, woulda, coulda i did nah...i figured it was only a year of having to drive an auto, and i havent had to drive one yet so i'm not worried...and yeah i figured that the main answer would be anything is possible with money...ah well, cheers anyway