Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cold take off's vs v6

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
ok i get up in the morning and go to leave for work i start the car it starts fine i start to reverse up the driveway and as i start to accelorate she stumbles and i get almost zero power then it kicks in and the wheels spin a bit then i get onto the road put it in drive go to accelorate she stumbles again almost conks out then i get all power back and it goes now all day even if i leave the car to sit for a while i drive here i drive there it wont do it again only early in the morning when its dead cold i noticed this first happened on saturday morning about 6am then sunday i didnt drive the car all day i left at about 4.50pm it did the same thing then monday morning about 7.30am same thing any ideas ?

btw: its not the leads they were changed genuine holden, its not the coil packs they were changed its not the plugs they were changed the throttle body and iac valve is clean air filter is new k&n with cai i was leaning towards perhaps a fuel problem ?? i did run injector cleaner in it on friday and problem noted saturday morning i just changed the fuel filter today but wont know any results till tomorrow morning as the car runs fine but i dont know whether this has anything to do with the problem but when you put your foot down hard :driving: i notice like a wine or a hiss comming from the area of the fuel pump/tank sorta sounds like a worked super6

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
Yeah, I get the same problem, (cold start-up)
Also the oil light doesn't come on when ignition is set to 'ON'
but let it warm up and everything is back to normal.
I'm guessing somthing to do with the oil getting to thick? Using GTX2 20/50.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
hmm that sheds some light on my earlier post about the oil thickener miss-use that gunk could be still fairly thick and sludgy in my engine :/ might run a couple more bottles of oil flush in it

joesvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Wagon
i ran an oil flush treatment in my old VK 202 efi once. it ran like a pig for about 2 weeks. i think the sludge was the only thing holding it together.LOL

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
heh, i think problem might be solved i started it this morning after changing the fuel filter and she drove fine didnt stumble or anything :D so fingers crossed that it dosent start to do it again

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
well second day in a row and no problem now i move onto the next problem, painsteakingly removing the instrument cluster so i can change it from level 1 to level 2 also change the a/c switch while im at it i think they were released in the factory all scratched haha

i dont have the luxury like the rest of you guys with tilt steering wheel due to the colum shift i have to take off all the sourround and perhaps even the steeringwheel im hoping not

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
ok well instrument cluster is in and new a/c switch car studdered again though i pulled the top of the air intake off where the throttle body is connected to because i noticed a sucking noise comming from it turns out the gaskets split perhaps thats where my problem lies ? anyway not much i can do now beeing easter and everyone shut

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
a friend of mine had the same problem on his VX but he changed the oil and realised it was all gunked up and ended up flushing it
but once he put a thinner oil in it was all fine. plus its only gonna get colder in melbourne so try adjust to ur weather lol