Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto trans fluid leak

J

jenzee

Help!!!

Trans fluid was leaking out of hoses going into the radiator. so replaced both yeaterday.now trans fluid leaking down the front somewhere and onto exhaust and smoking. recently had the radiator repaired and since putting it back in have had these problems. Help please!!!!!!!!!

J

jenzee

I think I found the leak. It seems to be leaking at the trans end where the two skinny pipes bolt on or is there any where else around this area that could leak?????

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
well there's quite a few places it can leak from really...are you possitive it's trans fluid thats leaking this time and not power steering?(same dex lll) because the high pressure hoses of the power steering are nearer to the exhaust than any return pipes from the trans cooler in the radiator.
if you can get you car on a hoist or even on ramps it will probably be easier to pin-point the leak.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Tighten up the clamps on all your hoses. I actually installed a second clamp on all my auto trans hoses to prevent leaks.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
jenzee said:
I think I found the leak. It seems to be leaking at the trans end where the two skinny pipes bolt on or is there any where else around this area that could leak?????
kick down cable seals get really hard with age and crack it could be leaking form there, could be your trans cooler lines arent tightened enough, could be your trans pan gasket, could be your steering rack, could be anything....