Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xado Gel Revitalizant

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
Quite a while ago i saw this add on the Tv show 'Bright Ideas" " http://www.brightideas.com.au/?e=378&p=xado " about a certain additive that supposedly revitalises the inner components of an engine by coating the surfaces where friction occurs, smoothing the action and restoring the original geometry and dimensions.
Now through my years of studying a crappy science degree i highly doubt that a simple additive can somehow restore the original dimensions of a certian metalic product; other claims such as "equalizing and increasing of compression in the cylinders" now how does an engine oil additive know the unique wear and damage each cylinder has and some how "equalise" it all?

There so called "Aussie" website " http://www.xadoshop.com.au/auto.htm " contain claims such as:
Revitalizant gel for gasoline engines of any models of automobiles

- Major results of the treatment -
- rubbing parts are reconditioned and protected against wear;
restored geometry of the parts;
- fuel savings at idle up to 30% ;
- oil pressure increasing;
equalizing and increasing of compression in the cylinders;
- engine power approaches up to 100%;
reduction of noise and vibration by 10 times;
- possibility of operation (up to 187 miles (300 km)) after an accidental oil leakage;
- reduction in CO and CH contents in the exhausts by 2-10 times.

Check it out and tell me what you guys think.
Snake oil? i think so but i'd really like to hear from anyone who has used it because im really considering it, but it just seems to good to be true.

:king:

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
sounds like rubbish, not unlike most products bright ideas have on the show

the engine was designed specifically to run for a minimum of half a million k's following a regular service routine and with standard fluids

so why would a wonder fluid make it so much better?

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I know this is knida off topic, but when it comes to oils, some just don't cut it. Awhile ago, SC mag did a write up on all different motor oils and the difference a high end oil (Royal Purple for example) did in the way of a protective coating as opposed to your average castrol product was amazing.

J

Joes_meat

If these claims were true, manufacturers would reccomend them.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
royal purple is great as a bearing lube and for 2 strokes

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
just another scam product for the guilable i think, those claims are pretty wild.

commode

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV
its a con!

I saw that too. sounds dodgy to me

of course its a con..... it comes from the same "entrepreneur" who sells us magnets to make water healthier and to make plants grow faster and bigger...... as wells as using magnets to clean dirty water and make it drinkable..... 130 years ago this dudes relos would be selling snake oil in Russia!

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
If you want something similar (ONLY REDUCES FRICTION) that the university of melbourne has tested and proved try NULON 80,000 oil treatment that contains P.T.F.E, they did a test that saw a VX commodore that was treated with this stuff drive from sydney to melbourne (over a 1000k`s) WITH NO OIL.

I`ve treated mine with this and no probs with it it cost`s $40 and you can find it at supercheap, repco etc...