Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 Suspension query VSII

M

Murmur77

Hi all - I'm hoping someone can please help me - new to this business. I'm looking at fitting FE2 suspension to my VSII (IRS rear suspension). So far from retailers I've been told you basically get front & rear springs fitted. My query is - should I be looking at getting new shocks etc fitted other than the standard ones already on the car etc etc???? I've become confused by what the sales reps have been advising - and would just like some help so I don't make a complete moron of myself (which I'm probably doing now) .... if anyone has any advice or tips I would love to hear back

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Get some good gas short shocks... if nothing else they will improve the ride on the stiffer FE2 springs.

Gas struts would be nice to have too but not essential.

Camber kits for that level of lowering are usually not required (although everyone seems to have a different opinion on this).

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
on standard FE2 springs u wont have to put on a camber kit, if u get em compressed then u'll need a camber kit cos of ur IRS

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
damez said:
if you dont put shortened shocks, when you jack the car up the springs will fall out. this has been covered so many times before!

Not on IRS they won't, superlows they might. On live axles the above does apply.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Regardless, Gas shocks are recommended to ease the rougher ride of FE2.

M

Murmur77

Thanks for the feedback all!
Would I be pushing my luck by enquiring if anyone recommends any particular brand of shocks ... or is is pretty much U get what U pay for?:hit: