Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

climate control not turning on, help

elljay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VS Berlina
hey every1. Got a small prob, when i start my car the climate control wont come on, pushing buttons has no affect:mad: . after about 15 min driving it comes on, or if i turn the car off and start it again it comes on. only started doig this yesterday and i havent changed anything.

Has any1 got some ideas on this?:bang:

Much thanks!

elljay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VS Berlina
well i finely found something

dmbillo said:
Months agao I asked the question about a problem in my climate control.
It would only go on when it wanted to and sometimes not at all.
After a lot of frustrating questions, alot of them not answered.
I have found the answer after a bill of $220.00 at an electrician and the possible new climate control unit $750.00.
It was a bad earth in the ignition relay under the bonnet. he added a new earth to this relay and all now works better that before, I also had a problem where the display would not go on at night, found to be blown globes in the cruise unit. you can not buy these globes so I adapted two globes the same as the ones used in the instrument pannel soldered these on place this unit is now working fine.
Hope this helps others as I could have save the $200.00 and they wanted $750.00 for a new climate control unit
Good Luck. :)

Thanks heaps Dmbillo!!:w00t: