Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is this plug?

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Hello, I recently wanted to adjust my brake light switch, I found that the brake lights come on after the pedal has been pushed in about a cm, it's also annoying when I'm using the cruise control, sometimes when I would like to brake, the CT thinks the car is slowing down so it accelerates.

I found a plug which has 2 wires plugged into it which you can screw in and out, I tried adjusting it with no success, it sits above the brake pedal, I'll take a picture tonight.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
thats the brake light switch which operates your brake lights and disengages your cruise control

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
vs.JPG

I think the hexagonal plug which is circled green is the brake light switch which I wouldn't have a clue on how to adjust, the plug which is circled red can be wound in or out, was wondering also if anyone knew what the green plug is which is circled yellow.

I also wound red circled plug in and out and made no difference.

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
there should be 2 switchs one for brake cruse and one fail safe incase that fails while cruse is on

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
That is where Ford went wrong with there criuse control, one switch controls all so when the brake light switch fails (and they do) cruise won't disable when you step on the brake pedal.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
So any ideas on how I can adjust the brake light switch so it picks up the pedal being pushed quicker?

stackner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
anyone know what the green plug (yellow circle) in his picture is for? i have it on my vr berlina with nothing plugged into it. i also have a flat rectangular black plug with nothing pluged into it in that area

Last edited:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
VLishes said:
So any ideas on how I can adjust the brake light switch so it picks up the pedal being pushed quicker?

i figured that where the switch contacts the brake pedal you can wind it up and down to adjust, from there its a case of winding it so a tap on the brakes sets it off

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Thanks Patrio7 but I figured it out ages ago. stackner was curious to know what that green plug is, I guess I am as well.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe the green plug goes to the clutch pedal switch for manual cars with cruise control. Those brake switches get a bit sticky with age and thats probably why your CC isn't disengaging - maybe try spraying with WD40.