Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cup holders

H

hardv8

i want vy cup holders in my vr. the ones that fold out all crazy

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
don't we all?

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
the VS ones in the glove box turn out to be real handy! (NOT) what is with that anyways? couldnt holden come up with a more practical cup holder? say one that actually works while you drive? instead of stain your rego papers latte brown?

EGG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
I've thought about trying to put them in the sides of the centre-dash, but I've heard they're not cheap from holden, and there's a lot of piping for the heater and general crap down the back there when I've had the centre console out.

It's a nice flat spot, but there's probably too much wiring/piping/crap behind it.

Vs_sharlene

Beats a Kick in the Face!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
There are post about how to fit proper cup holders on a vr/vs. have a look for 'em.

The jist of it is you replace that compartment lid in the centre console with one from a model that has cup hoplders(can't remember which model), do a bit of tweaking and its ready to go.

Look for it, its somewhere.

Cheers

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I think it was the SII/III stato that had them?

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
Dunno if the VY ones can be fitted but there are previous posts somewhere that talk about all of this... do a search and plug in "cup holders" in the VR-VS forum and you'll get a few good ideas. One guy integrated his own into the centre console while there are other posts talking about the "hidden" cup holders in the stato console lid that can be uncovered - with pics too!!!