Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

respray!!!!!!!!!!!!

executive_power

Reaction score
hello everyone can anyone tell me how much im gonna get set back for respraying a vr commodore whole body.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
a fair bit for a full respray, can be from $1500 to $3000 depending on the place and the quality and the work involved. lol its cheaper if u know ppl

Vs_sharlene

Beats a Kick in the Face!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
Yea but its more if you change to another colour.
You can cut back on cost if you do your own prep work.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
tru, but i only got quoted $1000 if i prepared my car 4 full respray

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
sage i still think you should pay the extra to get it done totally instead of preparing yourself
because its a kick in the ass job to do

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I too would like to know this...

Cost for FULL respray including body kit, ALL prep work including filling a couple of small dings (these are pointy dings so can't be pulled, must be filled).

Want to go from silver to black.

And yes I am aware of how hard it is to keep clean :p

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
i got told a minumum of $8000 for everything if they do the lot. but personally the silver looks sweet. id leave it dude. i was actualy gona get my car painted silver until i got the quote

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Yeah the silver looks sweet... until you get up close and see the hundreds of little dings and scratches and bubbled paint from when it was a fleet car... :(

For that price though, I know there are other things I would rather do. $10k worth of engine work to come yet...

EDIT: lol $10 worth of engine work... what a beast it would be. (corrected to "$10K")

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
damn rite!!!!! spend it else where. Can you just get a lighht coat or something over it to hide the dings, or even just get a coat over the parts that look worse, ie. the front bumper? Is that your car in the picture in the corner? if so, looking good mate!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
there's different meanings for "prep"....for instance i got quoted (and this is mates rates) $2k for a full same colour respray plus spraying my kit (which was just in a gel coat back then)...this was if i did some of the prep myself, which included stripping my car back (take off every little piece of exterior trim....bailey channels,door rubbers,door handles,head and tail lights,boot garnish,windscreens,door trims,door seals..you get the idea)....so i basically would have supplied the car ready to be sanded back.
i didnt go through with this because i spent the money on other stuff, but its still on the cards for the future.