Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR or VS

R

rannex

I'm buying a new car and have decided to go with either a VR or a VS. I was just interested to know the major differences in the models. I know the VS was the first model to use the ecotech engine (i think) but i'm not sure if its really even any better. Any opinions on which model is better would be appreciated.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I can't answer your question, but I have always wondered, what are the visual differences between the VR and the VS? I mean I can never pick 'em!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
1vngal said:
I can't answer your question, but I have always wondered, what are the visual differences between the VR and the VS? I mean I can never pick 'em!

The VS V6 will have an ecotec badge on the side. Also the VR has a more retro looking black holden badge on the boot and bonnet where the VS has a "see through chrome one" and the VS has shiny chrome bits inside the grill :)

Look this link below is a VS bonnet badge

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-Commo...29861122QQcategoryZ102360QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And this one is a VR badge

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Commodore-vn...30812967QQcategoryZ102360QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Easy :)

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Is that really the only difference? I thought there would have been more! And I thought VN's and VP's were similar!! By the way, don't retire greenfoam, admit it! You love answering all my posts!! :p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
There would be heaps more differences but I don't know anyone with a VR so I have no idea!:), I know a VS SII V8 has a yellow oil cap on the rocker covers and the VN/P has a black one, I guess a VR has a black one too, not that you can see that when it's driving passed :p.

I've realised that once you own a VP, VT/X's look smaller and somehow more attractive. I used to think they were ugly big tanks when I had the VN, I'm not really sure how the VP seems bigger than a VT I mean I know it's longer but it's only because of the bumpers!. Anyhow I think I'm now mentally prepared to own a Gen III VX manual executive so I think that will be the next car I buy, one day..........

:)

P.S go to sleep

R

rannex

Also, as an added thought, which engine would be more suited to modifications, I intend to make quite a few power upgrades maybe even adding a supercharger or a turbo at some point :)

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
rannex said:
Also, as an added thought, which engine would be more suited to modifications, I intend to make quite a few power upgrades maybe even adding a supercharger or a turbo at some point :)

I'd say the ecotec would be better for forced induction mods.