Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Digital Speedo

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
hey all,

this might be old news to some ppl but i thought id post it anyway. for all those who hav a speed alert and see them as a waste of dash space, there is another way of using them, if u hold down the "up" and "down" buttons when u turn on ur car the speed alert turns into a digital speedo, however, the only problem is that the light keeps flashing and it gets really annoying(no beeping though). so if u cover the light or disable it, u hav urself a digital speedo. u hav to do this every time u turn on ur car and u can only turn it off by turning off ur car.

i recommend everyone try it just for fun and a laugh

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
what moddle does it need to be (vr, vs, vt etc.) ?

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
works on a vs

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
itll work on ur acclaim coz it works on my bros vs acclaim

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Maybe post this in the how-to section? It has been mentioned a few times but the thread often gets lost. If you post it in the how-to section complete with instructions on how to do it the thread will last a lot longer.

Also you can make the digital speedo permanent by holding all three buttons while car is off, turn key to ACC and keep holding until 100 appears on the speed alert. Once it has, release all the buttons and press set once. Digital speedo will now be permanent and won't have the annoying flashing light. To return it to speed alert, repeat this process, or disconnect the negative battery terminal.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
i cant it to stay permenant. i can make it do it the way the first post said but that dosnt stay when you turn of the key and the light is friggin anoying.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
i didnt know that, i just tried it and it worked. thanx 4 the tip shaggerz

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
No worries mate :D

People often get flamed when they post this because its been posted a lot of times but its a great tip and every time someone posts it, a few more people learn about it.

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
Is there a way of keeping the speed alert a digital spedo full time.. so you turn the key and its automatically on digital spedo ??