Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cruise control on manual

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
hey all,

can anyone giv me a list of things that i'll need to set up cruise control on my car and does anyone know how to set it up on a manual

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I just had the most awesome idea... at least I think it is, and theres a good chance it already exists, so please don't flame me!! lol.

With cruise control on a manual, I remember someone once saying something about cruise going off its nut on the throttle when you change gears with it on...

The solution to this problem would be to connect a normally closed style switch to the clutch pedal (similar to the cruise cancel switch on the brake pedal) and connect this in parallel with the 'coast' button on the indicator stalk!!

So heres the chain of events...

Guy presses resume on cruise while he's doing 60 and in 4th gear...
Cruise accelerates up to 80 and guy presses clutch...
when guy presses clutch, switch returns to its normal 'closed' position and 'coast' button is pressed, preventing cruise from accelerating.
Guy is now in 4th and lets clutch out, which unpresses switch.
Cruise now resumes at the speed car is now travelling...

God I hope this doesnt already exist lol because I would feel really smart if its an original idea :p

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Is possible.

Hi,

One of the first things I did when I picked up my new VS S2 manual in 1997 was to have the Holden cruise control fitted. I had it on my previous car. a F**d Fairmont Ghia manual. It (and the climate air) were about all that I liked on that car.

Kit cost me $309, extra micro for the clutch pedal cost $8.

In my case, I had a car with IRS, dual airbag and ABS. The cruise control loom was already fitted to the car. However, I understand that less optioned cars did not have the loom.

You will need the following:

1. 2 x micro switches, one for the brake pedal and one for the clutch.

2. A cruise control fitted blinker arm.

3. Cruise control wiring loom, if not fitted.

4. Cruise control module, which includes the cruise control throttle cable.

5. You may need an extra attachment bracket for the throttle control on which to mount the cruise cable.

I think that is all you need from memory.

It works well on a manual, provided you remember not to push the clutch in when the engine is on full open throttle. Emission controls cause slow closing of the throttle, and a surge in RPM.

As the later models have it as standard (my VY S2 manual does), some suitable parts may be available from Holden. However, all except the clutch micro switch should be vailable off a cruise control fitted car at the wreckers.

Finish that, and then change to a Series 3 cluster?

Good luck.