Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dropping/settling after lowering

Coxy_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VE GTS
hey all just got my vs lowered on super lows and it is so much better to drive!! my question is, the rear is still a little higher than id like it, is it true that the car will still drop a little bit over the next few weeks? if so how much more do u think i will gain?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
yes it will drop some more...

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
it will drop some more, but i noticed that on my vr, its not as low as i like even after a few month, but oh well :) (trying to say it wont drop dramatically)

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
I'll make you a promise now...you'll still be wondering 6 months down the track, "Why oh why aren't u 'SUPERLOW'??? Superlow's on a live axle VS are crap i'm sorry to say :mad: . I still have the same problem now! The only way i suppose to get it evened out is to compress the rear springs, but as the guy at the suspension place told me "That will make ur springs lose their warranty". I do have one more question for everyone though...For the VS did they make Super super lows? (Between superlows and ultralows?). I hear people referring to them, but have never seen them advertised on King spring's site.

Cheers all, and good luck mate,
Boojakz

Coxy_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VE GTS
thanks for replies everyone. A mate said it will drop about another 1cm...so when driving itll be just above the rubber at the back...which is alright but i did think it would be slightly lower. boojak87 i had a look at the cataloge on the site and there is such thing as extra super lows, mayb thats the answer to a slightly lower rear than ultras.

F

flipsyde

dropping/settling after lowering

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey all just got my vs lowered on super lows and it is so much better to drive!! my question is, the rear is still a little higher than id like it, is it true that the car will still drop a little bit over the next few weeks? if so how much more do u think i will gain?

what brand u get

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Springs usually settle about 5mm

If you got kings, the back is always going to be higher than the front - they are designed as such to keep the car legal (lowered by the same amount front and back).

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
my superlows didnt drop at the rear but my lovells dropped almost 10 mm at the front but i anticipated this so thats why i went higher which i advise anyone to do when getting new springs and wanting to keep it legal