Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid Mistakes

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Who here has ever made a stupid mistake on their car by either not reading instructions properly or not tightening a cap or anything? post here

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Yeah I made the stupid mistake of letting a friend do a clutch plate in a Torana for me because he'd knew what he was doing and done one before.

Job all done...why is there no clutch feel ? Why do I hear a metal to metal wizzing sound like a dry bearing when I put the car in gear ? Why aren't I going anywhere while in gear ?

He'd put the plate in back to front... and the clutch plate springs were scoring the flywheel.

One tow truck and $30 worth of flywheel machinining later... I let the experts look at it.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Yeah, last weekend I took off my power steering pulley to clean up the power steering pump and find out where it was leaking from. Turns out it was only leaking from the reservoir cap and no where else. Put the pulley and the drive belt back on and didn't check the alignment of the belt at every pulley. Start the car and ripped the belt in pieces in seconds.:bop:

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
when i had to run a new cable for my horn i didnt account for the extra cable that i needed when i turned, so the first time i took it for a drive, i turned and it shredded the cable cos it wasnt long enough

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
trying to replace a pulley. left hand thread. not pretty. especially when you think the bolt goes the other way.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I replaced the heater tap, and did a full radiator flush while I was at it - didn't tighten one of the clamps on the heater tap properly. Next time I drove the car, once it got up to temp, it spit water onto the manifold under acceleration. Quite a spectacular look from behind.

J

Joes_meat

I leant on my throttle cable and snapped it last week. I was trying to undo the passenger-side O2 sensor.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
while ago i wired up my mates stero and put the head unit in upside down coz it didnt have the face on it. Had to squeeze thru the gaps to unlock the unit locking tabs WADDA B!TCH!!!

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
When I first got my car checked all the caps, fluid levels, etc.
Only put the radiator cap on halfway... Drove 10kms to my mates house,
as soon as I got out all you could hear was hissing. Stoped just in time all the coolant/water had evaporated! Was time to flush anyways :)