Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cigarette lighter not working

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
I took the centre console cover plate off, and its connected, the light works, but the actual lighter thing isnt working. I dont smoke, but i bought a little spider thing to put in the lighter thing, and it didnt work, then i tried to use the actual lighter, and it didnt heat up. What would be the usual cause?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
First check the fuse, make sure that hasnt blown. If you were playing around you may have just shorted the circuit and blown it. Next you could remove the dash and make sure that you have 12V there. I can help you out further if you find out about the 12V.

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
oh, where is the fuse?

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
the fuse is under the steering colum in the fuse box right at the end no15 from memory
also check the wires have not come off the back of the lighter as my black wire came off was a pain in the ass to fix

Vs_sharlene

Beats a Kick in the Face!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
Yea I had the same problem, lights but no lighter
Turned out that it was the fuse and wiring (disconnected from actual lighter)
Fuse is easy to replace, on vr/vs they're on the right, below the steering column, there is even a little map to show you which fuse is which. (5 pack of 5/10 amp fuses $2)

Wiring is a bitch, bloody near impossible to solder (but still possible) or use electiral tape

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Yeh thanx guys, straight after i asked the question i figured it out, and it was the fuse thank god. I just stole a fuse outta my brothers old car and put it in and its working