Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Harmonic Balancer...

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
Hey guys

i heard a loud ticking noise coming from my engine last night & couldnt work out what it was- this morning i noticed it was the harmonic balancer- smashed into pieces BUT still intact- the inside is spinning & the outside isnt much.....

how much am i looking at to get this fixed????

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Might help

Ok im no expert but i replaced mine at easter last yr... u have 2 options.... i was quoted $250 to have it replaced in Bundy.... or you can do it ur self... i paid $50 for an aftermarket one at Repco and did the work myself, like i said i have limited experence in doing so but we did it..First we took off the fan belt then we had to get the HB off.... The biggest problem is to get the main nut off of the HB, what we did was extend the arm shaft of the socket so it touched the ground and pulsed the key to kick it over to losen the nut... but yeah...get some exta advice from others.. i know i would rather pay $50 then 200... i think there was a seal also for 15 bucks, im not sure if we used itor not. or even the use of it...

Hope this helps