Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bags??

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
On my VR Statesman, mine has cracked in the region of the right horn button, I have been told its a common problem.
I have also been told to fix it before rego.
Does anyone know the part number for the Statesman Air Bag and is it the same as the Standard Commodore??
I have been offered on from a commodore for $50 but the General wants around $300.
I am learning real farking quick to not say Statesman when enquiring for parts. It seems Statesman carries a new GST (Got a Statesman Tax) that makes parts just so much dearer, and if you don't belive me enquire about the sender for a Statesman and then for a Commodore, difference $9.50.

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
got the exact same problem with the right side horn button got a little tear in it... its not that bad so i was gonna try some glue and then a plastic putty if it needed it....

i pressuming a new cover plus install would be quite a bit...

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I have this problem too. How weird. New air bag from holden is incredibly expensive. I asked for the price for a wheel with air bag and got a rough price of $1400 before I passed out on the floor. I think air bag was $900 and the wheel was $500 or something along those lines. Ebay sell them much cheaper in good condition. Dont bid on any yet though, cause Im trying to get one for myself and dont want any competition pushing the price up.