Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser Problems

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
on the way to work my car stalled after i stopped and tried to restart it. i worked it out to be the immobiliser, i got alocksmith to come out(easter Sat) so i wont tell u how much i paid for a new key FOB, any ways he tested it, the car kicked over first go ":bow: THANK THE LORD:bow: " we turned the car off check to see if it locked andonce again..Bingo...but thats when the bad news struck...again...I paid my cash and see you later my locksmith. i then tried to kick it over again and same thing... somy next step was to get my car home... so called a tow truckto take my car 1km up a hill.. there was no way i was pushing... OK now

What is my next step... i did a fault code and got code 31 which is Theft Deterrent Signal Missing SO what do i replace now to get my signal back???? any help would be great...my pocket is already hurting its been an expensive day due to
1 Loss Of wages (easterSat pently)
2 KeyFob
3 Tow Home
4 Lost my wallet..(update Found Wallet)

Would it be a matter of just Recoding the key again???? should i buy the contact ring??? i neeeeeeed help.

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
ok.... i had the lock smith come over again to try and re code the key.. the key and the computer share the same code so the key is not the problem...

I have been told it could be 1 of 2 problems.. 1 the ECU or the body control modual... can some 1 please inlighten me on this, i need my car running

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
itll be the contact were the key touches.. , costs 7 bux from holden, and could well be the key, battery prolly flat in it

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Brand new keyFOB, Contacts where my next option, just read a post about a guy who has replaced the Body control modual, and the ECU and a Theft Deterent Modual(never knew they had these) might email him,see what sort of prices im looking at to replace and what work is involved

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
oh dear lol, i had that error code, replaced the key head still got it, replaced the key reader (contacts) and errors gone away :), good luck though

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
cool stuff, i will try that tomorrow, i will keep u updated, i hope and pray that mine is that easy. but any more information and help would be great

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
OK i replaced the key reader this morning and STILL not working.... i need desprite help here guys.... i also tried the immobiliser over ride (key in, ignition on. 1hr)x2 and it would still not kick over.... so i did a re test of Fault codes and still get code 31 Theft Deterrent Signal Missing.... Where to now? do all VR's have this (TDM) Theft Deterent Modual.. would that be my next step...... HELP ME PLEASE

kirkson

Captain
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr v6 exec duel fuel
Hi, b4 you replace the key reader contacts, just try and gently bend them out so you have a better contact with the key, this worked for me on my vr about 5 months ago, I hvent had a problem since, " touch wood"
Regards Kirk

kirkson

Captain
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr v6 exec duel fuel
Try resetting your ecu, dissconect your neg battery terminal for about 5 minutes, then reconnect, see if that works you will be supprised.
Regards kirk

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
i tried to bend them out on the sat arvo to make a better contact, i have already replaced the key reader, it was only $7 to replace thru holden so that was not to bad, i have an auto electrican come out home tomorrow, but i will go try the reseting thing now. its worth a shot, im keen to try any thing that dont cost much money. might even give it 10mins heheh, will let u know