Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered car scrapes

MT269U

[LOLIFE]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
hey all. i lowered my VS a couple of weeks ago, and now i scrape on most speed humps, and other bump like things in the road. i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it was infact just the cat that is scraping, and could it be bolted hard up under the car? is there even room to do this?

State'O ReBeL

HSV - i just bought one
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual vs clubby
not really, after a while you will learn to wog style it over the speed humps, coz if its only your cat scrubbing, and not your tyres, then you car is that low

makes sure your front tyres are still on the speed hump wen the back tyres go over, makes your car as high as possible

MT269U

[LOLIFE]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
yeah i think i might have to from now on. nice car by the way.

BrentAEI87Y

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hey mate my VR is lowerd and has the full bodykit it scraped when it was first lowerd and i found out my rear exhuast mount was snaped. It's a 5 dollar part from most auto shops but u shouldnt be scraping much after that, if thats the problem.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
even the lowest of cars can be driven without scraping on speed humps and stuff...you just need to approach things differently to how you might in a car at stock hight.
judging by your avitar pic id say your about as low as i have my car..plus i have a vx clubbie kit which has quite alot of further extention than the bumpers it replaced...i very rarely have any scraping issues, so if your scraping on stuff all the time there may be something amiss, couldnt tell you whether its your cat or not (a quick geez under you car will show you whats bottoming out).

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
got mine lowered 2 inch rear and 1.5 inch front and my cat y pipes scrape, i just learnt to slow down and becareful,i still scrape it sum times , but i geuss if i ever get holes in my cat and y pipe it will be excuse to get extractors and hi flow cat:whistling