Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it really worth it? ...

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
I know that most commodores are known to be oil leakers new and old, and my car (Vr acclaim) leaks only when the oil is hot, i took it to various mechanics they told me it was the main seal from the engine and that the engine had to be taken out to fix bla bla bla anyway its gonna cost me $800 i was like wtf?? let it leak!! i can spend that money on extractors and a high flow cat.
But my questions is should i really get it fixed even though it is gonna start leaking agian down the track ?

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
depends what the leak is like. if youre losing half your oil in a week, fix it. If youre only losing a couple of ml i wouldnt bother

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ive never known commodores to "be leakers"...they've got their quirks, but ive never had any troubles myself with oil leaks, or know any mates who have.

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
Yea it tends to be quite mixed reviews; it either leaks or it doesnt im just one of the unlucky ones. But yea extractors and highflow cat id be much happer with. Anyone here personaly has that setup? and how much?

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i heard that you can fix it by removing the gearbox...

smickvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S V6 s3 m5 ute VN=WRITE OFF
yeah if its the rear main u only have 2 drop the gear box off the back & replace it. my vs ute was leaking a far bit @ around 100,000km & the rear main was the problem.