Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where is it going??????

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
i've got a 5.0l vr statesman and i not long ago had the water pump repalced cause it was leaking,since i have had that done it's been using water out of the coolant bottle(i have to top it up once or twice a week) but the car isn't leaking water anywhere that i can find???? does anybody have any suggestions i really don't want to have to put it in somewhere so they can charge me a fortune just to tell me what it is unless i have to!! thanks in advance!!

greatone

vuss
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
some bottels leak but it doesnt really matter coz ur not ment to fill up the bottel just take radiator cap off and if water is there it means its full if its not u fill it up in there.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
did you bleed all the air out of the cooling system after you did the job?... did you turn the heater fully ON also when doing the job.... maybe there was still some air trapped in the engine or heating system and is slowly geting replaced with coolant...

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
no the system didn't get bled when the pump was changed!!! how long would it take to get the air out of the system cause this has been going on for a few weeks now!!! there's definately no holes in the coolant bottle there's no water coming from anywhere that's visible!!

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
there should be a screw on top of the thermostat housing, loosen the screw run the engine and let it get warm, when water or coolant comes out of the screw at a steady pace this means the air is out of the system, then just tighten the screw again and all is done.

HsvPlayBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Hsv 185i
Bleed The air out first see how you go if the water level still go's down look at the WELSH PLUGS it only has to be a little leak Cheers !!!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
yer agree check welsh plugs.

Check oil. If its looks like choc milk then thats where you water is going.

Also might be worth checking to see if you are getting excess steam out your exhaust. Could be head gasket?

Check around radiatot for any discolouration. COuld be a leak somewhere on it. Same goes for hoses.

If you havent bled it properly then my first guess is its that.

S

slammed_calais

usually on vr and vs it is the heater core, put your heaters on and see if you can smell a musky smell coming out the vents.