Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sport Steering wheel help

jas_969

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
hi all,

i have a vr acclaim fitted with an airbag, i realise that removing the airbag is illegal. but am still tossing up whether to replace it with a momo steering wheel or not.
has anyone done this as i do not no how to go about taking off the steering wheel.
the weird screws at the back i am unsure how to take out and is the boss kit the same on a airbag as non airbag?
ne help appreciated.

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
I dunno how it would be done with the air bag, best would be to consult a service manual. Also with the legal side of things, if your involved in a crash the insurance company would very likely void your policy....just something to think about.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i believe if the car was available without airbag, it should be fine, but dont take that as gospel.

just make sure its insured without airbags ticked

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi, Those are security screws. Tou can buy the drivers for them. I got mine from my local hardware shop but they would probably have them at supercheap or repco. The steering column should be the same as airbags were optional extras. Your airbag light will come on, just take the bulb out.

jas_969

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
k ill have to get a driver then