Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR on gas

taylorb100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 11
Hi,
Having problems with my VR. It has factory fitted gas but will not run on petrol. Gas/petrol switch checks out fine but getting no pulses on injectors when switched to petrol. Can anyone help with a wiring diag. I already own the Volume 8 & 11B wiring manuals but unfortunately they don't have any reference to the gas wiring.:bang:
Thanks in advance,
Bruce

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
SlyVR said:
fuel pump?.... maybe? get that checked
What he said, you can't get an injector pulse unless it will run on petrol. Another thing, is it a bit of a pain to start as those system are designed to start on petrol then switch over to gas once running. First thing is first: get one person to turn the ignition key on whilst another has their ear against the petrol tank,(don't try and start it). If the pump is ok you can hear it priming up. If you can't hear anything it is most likely caput!

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
normally you can even hear the pump priming from inside the car when its quiet

taylorb100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 11
Thanks guys for your input. Sorry, I should have indicated that I have already checked that fuel is being supplied to the fuel rail so the pump is not at fault. The Petrol/gas switch must do something to the ECU to inhibit the injectors so I was really hoping that someone may have some diagram or knowledge of how they do it. It's been factory fitted, ie taxi but the original GMH wiring manuals don't show it.
Bruce

K

kim_08

my vl had that exact problem found out had a cracked head but i dunnno how it will be with the vr different motor