Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto fault codes from manual vs computer

D

Demerit king

Has anyone heard of this before? Auto transmission fault codes from a manual car? I have owned the car since new. cheers

MBS206

Reaction score
Are you sure you're pulling auto transmission codes out of the manual computer, or are you pulling code numbers from the manual computer, that IF looked up on an automatics fault sheet, would point to an auto issue?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Clear the codes and recheck them in a week to see if the fault re-occured. If not dont worry about them.

D

Demerit king

One of the fault codes was for TCC solenoid. I am not that worried about it, more curious if they use the same computer less the transmission control module thingy for manuals as autos. I have recently changed to a vp auto box and so am curious as to connecting the TCC solenoid to the original vs manual computer or devising some other mod to automatically engage/disengage it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. cheers

B

bonglung

The VS has 2 different types of ECU's manual & auto. Maybe you're VS was converted and they didn't change the comps+loom over and got one of those chips to trick the auto comp and the person who made the memcal might of forgotten to get rid of the TCC code.

Just food for thought.

D

Demerit king

Do you mean at the factory?, I've owned the car from new ,so nothing to my knowledge has been touched on the computer, it says 5.0 ltre manual on the computer box behind the kick panel. Its a series II.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
did you flash the codes out or read them with a scan tool?
Rob

D

Demerit king

Umm, the mechanic connected a scan tool (i think thats what it was) and it printed them off .He was scratching his head a bit over this but didnt have any explanation.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
more than likely the scan tool had the incorrect cartridge fitted or wasnt setup correctly as the code isnt there for any auto codes.

Rob

D

Demerit king

Yep Dr Bob,
I think you are right, I flashed the codes today, got a code 12. I think I'll change mechanics, i.e do it myself :) .
thanks..