Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Under Gear Light Blown? how do i get to it?

O

orrdogg

Hey Guys, I have a VS Series 2 executive and the light that shows what gear you are in next to the stick must have blown or something cause it doesn't work anymore. Can anyone tell me what to do or how to get to it to change the globe?
Do i have to take out the whole centre console? if so how do i do that?
Thanx - OrrDogg

C

charged6_vsacclaim

g'day i had this problem a while ago and just fixed it 2 days ago. what u have to do is take the console plate off by taking the ash tray out and lifting it up from there it could be a bit stiff so dont be scared to give it a good pull it should then just pop off and reveal the P R N D 3 2 1 plate take that off then u will see the globe it sits in a white plastic case which is held down be 4 screws i didnt take this off i just got a good grip on the globe gave it a good jiggle and it came out thats all there is to it. good luck.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
orrdogg said:
Hey Guys, I have a VS Series 2 executive and the light that shows what gear you are in next to the stick must have blown or something cause it doesn't work anymore. Can anyone tell me what to do or how to get to it to change the globe?
Do i have to take out the whole centre console? if so how do i do that?
Thanx - OrrDogg

Pretty simple job, all you have to do is grab the console where it meets the handbrake boot area, and pull the whole thing upwards, it clips into place. Before doing that, you need to remove the ashtray, and disconnect the wiring to the cigarette lighter, and the cigarette lighter globe. The console around the T bar selector comes off in one piece, so its easier to shift into Neutral or Drive so you can pull it off easily. The simply remove the window with the PRND321 on it, and you should have access to the globe.

Its quite a while since I have done mine, but the above notes should give you a bit of an idea on what to do.

Cheers

Harvs82

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
Dont forget to wipe down the 'PRND321' plastic plate there could be some build up of dust and wiping it down underneath it will give it a brighter cleaner look also wipe down the gear illuminator which is pretty much a white cube that lets the light pass through into which gear u select.

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
Lift the plastic upwards holding from the point near the hand brake. A nice quick jerk will 'pop' it outa place just dont be scared it takes much more that that for it to snap.