Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators won't work

K

Kramer

Driving to work this morning went to turn a corner and the indicators wont work the lights dont come on, outside the car or on the dash.
Replaced the fuse and that did work but the thing i dont get is the windscreen wiper fuse is the fuse and the wipers work fine.
Please help me.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Mmm I'm not sure I understand?

You've fixed the problem, correct? I'd just put it down as one of those weird things cars do :)

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ur hazard switch do anything? if not replace switch or check wiring. if not check your flasher relay

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
play with the hazard light switch theres a fault in every switch i have seen
it stops the indicators working just press it a few times and try the indicators again 9 times out of ten thats the problem.

MBS206

Reaction score
If the hazard light produces a problem, pull it out, unplug the cable give the switch a good bash, and plug it back in.
If not, you may have burnt out the indicator stalk.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
not sure if i understand the question either. Where did the wipers come in?

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
the wipers and the indicators are both running off the same switch i presume. This has happened to me before as well, but it fixed itself after a while

K

Kramer

thanx for the help everyone I just played with the hazard lights and the indicators came back on, as for the wiper issue I was saying that it wasn't the fuse cause the indicators and the wipers are on the same fuse.

B

bns-sticky

I was going to say the same, happened to me on Monday arvo, I just played with the hazard switch and BANG it works