Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS disagreeable climate control

SS49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
The climate control in my VS berlina has developed a mind of its own .When I turn it on sometimes it will turn on straight away but mostly it will not turn on for anything up to an hour , even if it has been working and i stop the car then restart the car the climate control will not always come back on . any ideas

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
SS49 said:
The climate control in my VS berlina has developed a mind of its own .When I turn it on sometimes it will turn on straight away but mostly it will not turn on for anything up to an hour , even if it has been working and i stop the car then restart the car the climate control will not always come back on . any ideas

More info? Is the display lighting up ? When the aircond is on manual, does it blow through all the vents when you switch through them ?

I had climate probs when I picked up my car...I would turn the climate on but nothing happened for about 20 min...if at all...and when on manual I couldn't get the air to circulate through the centre vent...It turned out to be the solenoid control box under the radio....cheap part @ $30 from a wrecker or $130 new from Holden... Bastard to fix as you need to pull your console out to get to it effectively....hope that helps :thumbsup:

SS49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
the display only comes on when the climate control is working and then the system works perfectly