Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A few questions

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Ok, I own a VS Berlina Series One. Here's the questions, and any assistance with answers, past experiences etc would be muchly and greatly appreciated. Cheers!

- Electronic Dash: When the indicator relay is in action, the lights displaying the readout ie overspeed, ks till empty etc flash in time with the relay turning on and off. I understand this may be due to current consumption, but is there any way to fix it?

- Starting: Sometimes, I got to kick over the car, and it dies, nothing happens, but when I wiggle the negative battery terminal, it does something (presuming it resets) and I am able to start the car.

- In Dash Taco: It appears that its kinda sensitive. When it's cruising, it drops down in revs (on the guage) but with a little bit of throttle it is quite responsive. Normal?

Plus, any idea on the cost of replacing the timing chain?

TIA readers for any assistance you render. Much appreciated!

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
Ok, I own a VS Berlina Series One.

congratulations

- Starting: Sometimes, I got to kick over the car, and it dies, nothing happens, but when I wiggle the negative battery terminal, it does something (presuming it resets) and I am able to start the car.

tighten the both battery terminals

In Dash Taco: It appears that its kinda sensitive. When it's cruising, it drops down in revs (on the guage) but with a little bit of throttle it is quite responsive. Normal?

yes
its supposed to drop in revs if you take your foot off the accelerator

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Yeah a flat battery might be your problems....take it out and charge it then see if you get the indicator stuff to happen again.

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Mate I don't know if there's huge differences from one car to the next, I was giving info to see if it helps. I wasn't after a congratulations, well done. Already got that from my mates. Yes battery terminals are tight. Yes I understand that the revs drop when you release the throttle, but it just seemed a little sensitive like it's loose? if that helps...

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
You obviously have a loose terminal at the battery ,or very dodgy battery,or connection somewhrere around it that is goin open circuit as you load up the battery.
The main battery terminals should be tight so you can't easily move them on the terminal as should be the main body earth stud near it and the fusible link lug secured by a screw next to the battery.