Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

noisy drivers door!!

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
The drivers door on my SS seems to rattle when driving,have had panel off and the motor and gears that drive the window glass up seem to be held to the door by rivets is this the nom with the vr holden. Can i put some bolts where the rivets are!!

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Dont know about the rivets, but check your door rubber on the pillar, mine was stuffed up because the cops antenna wireing used to go through there. I replaced the rubber then no more rattles.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You can put bolts in if you wish to drill out the rivets. Make sure they are short bolts that dont foul anything. Do a search on this forum for 'door rattles' as I think this is pretty common.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah, some windows have rivets...some have bolts (i dont know how it works..with what car getting them) i recommend putting some bolts in.
mine had rivets and they came right out, dropped my window and power window mechanism into the door and bent the metal arm that holds up the window heaps bad..absolute pain in the ass to fix.

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
thanks, the rubber is worn so will replace soon as thanks..

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
Thanks for the help, will replace rubbers and put some bolts in soon as it stops raining!! See HRT Holdens came first over here at Pukekohe with a lot of fords hitting the amcos as they should. Holdens have won at pukekohe 6 times in a row now just keep hopes up for a 7th time.

cheers dino