Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS antenna problem

vsmadman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series II Equipe
Hey all, i just recently bought a vs commodore & installed my old cd player, it all went pretty well & thanks to this site i was able to find such things like wiring diagrams etc..., the problem i have now is the antenna won't stay up :b: , i push the manual up button but when i release it, down she comes, i havent got it connected to the stereo i'm asuming that this is why i have this problem but can this be fixed, easily lol, cheers.

Vs madman.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
yea u hav to connect it to ur cd player, do u hav an amp aswell? cos the antenna connects to the wire thats connects to the amp, if u do hav an amp just solder all three wires together and that should do the job, if u dont hav an amp u just have to connect the antenna control wire to the stereo wire ( this wire is usally blue ).

electric antennas only pop up if the radio is turned on so if u havnt connected the control wire from the antenna, it wont know when the radio is on and therefore wont put the antenna up.

vsmadman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series II Equipe
Thanks but, the wire for the antenna on the stereo is cut 2 close to the plug so i am unable to connect it, maybe the amp can be done, does that wire from the antenna just needed to be connected to accessories power? , the only other wires i have connected from stereo to amp is the audio leads.

cheers.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
nah dont connect the control wire from the antenna to the ACC wire, it has to connect to the control wire from the stereo otherwise u wont be able to listen to the radio.

vsmadman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series II Equipe
i already can listen to the radio as the main antenna plug is connected to the stereo, it's only the control wire that makes it go up when u turn it on that is not connected, if i connect this wire to something else say the up & down controls will this work maybe, its a real head****! i can't connect it 2 the correct wire on the stereo as it is cut 2 short on the plug.

thanks 4 yr help dude.

frenzal_tom

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina
yeh i kinda have the same problem
i have the aerial wire sticking of my stereo but no wire to join it too
:|:|

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
wait lets clarify something here. the antenna jack is connected to the stereo therefore giving a signal, however, the antenna doesnt go up when u turn on the radio, it stays down inside, so u get a bad signal. but when u press the antenna controls it goes up or down but once u let go of the controls it goes back down inside. AND the remote system control wire from the back of the stereo is too short to connect to the control wire from the antenna

is this tru?

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
the only way an electric antenna will stay up when the radio is on is if the control wire is connected to the stereo. if ur wires r too short then extend those wires with a spare piece of wire the u might hav lying aorund or u can go to the shop to buy more wire.

all of my wires behind my headunit r way too short becos the idiot that had my car b4 me, i hav re wire all of it or extend each wire

frenzal_tom

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina
what colour is the control wire that comes from the car wiring?? and which colour do i join to??