Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Parkers, Speed Alert, dash lights or shifter lights.. Help..??

G

Grommitt

No Parkers, Speed Alert, dash lights or shifter lights.. ~FIXED~

No Parkers, speed alert, dash lights, auto selector or Plate Light... hmmm :(
ok so last w/e i decided to check my error codes by doing the whole paperclip into the diagnostics plug and waiting for the flashes..

needless to say i got no flashes only my engine light staying on perminantly so i gave up with it..

i figured everything was fine until it came to about 8-9pm at night and i was going to go out..

so i get in the car turn her over and chuck the the headlights on and notice i get no dash light, no gear selector light, my speed alert lights up but no digits showing..

so i chucked it down to parkers to see if anything happened and i got nothing no parkers.. now i know one of my parkers had blown about a week back so i bought a pair of new globes and chucked them in.

ive gone through all the fuses i can think of that might affect the parkers and none of them are broken / blown.

i get full headlights fine so i can still drive at night but not that i can see any of my dash..

any ideas wire guru's..

EDIT: i was thinking it could be one of the relays maybe but then thought that wouldnt the headlights run off the same relay ?

thanks
James

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Same thing happened to me a last year when I tried to check my error codes. I accidentally touched the wrong hole with the paper clip and sparked. Never thought anything of it until that night I saw no dash lights, transission lights, parkers or tail light. Was as simple as a fuse under the steering column and fixed the lot with one new fuse.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
it will be a fuse mate....the fact that you said your parkers blew a week ago makes me sure of it.
its likely some of the wiring or contacts are a little funky for the parker that blew and are causeing the fuse to blow, thus everything else on that fuse doesnt work.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Actually had something similar when i stacked my car.

When we were checking to see if it was driveable we found the parkers (i think), gear selector, and dash lights were gone, however headlights and accessories were all fine.

Checked all the fuses and they were fine.. never did find the culprit though. It did take a nasty bump so maybe it sent something loose...

G

Grommitt

Scooter79 said:
Same thing happened to me a last year when I tried to check my error codes. I accidentally touched the wrong hole with the paper clip and sparked. Never thought anything of it until that night I saw no dash lights, transission lights, parkers or tail light. Was as simple as a fuse under the steering column and fixed the lot with one new fuse.

any memory of which fuse it was by any chance ?

:(

G

Grommitt

All fixed im as happy as a pig in sh*t..

my mate told me to get a light meter and test the top and bottom of each fuse as not always do the fuses blow straight through or something..

so i did that and turned out it was the first fuse i checked loll..

the Trip computer fuse was a dud so replaced that and i have everything back..

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D