Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering in Bris.

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
hi i want to lower my vs spac around 30mm. can anyone here recommend a cheap and good place to get this done? rough price i should pay would also be a great help. car uses a live axel rear end. i would like to go lower but insurance companies dont want to know you......any help there also? thanks.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
where abouts in brisbane man?...would just help to recommend a place.
shouldnt really pay any more than $400 for supply and fitting of springs..then you got other stuff to consider, depending on how low you end up goin

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
im in the logan area,if i went down 30mm besides springs what else should i really be changing or can i just change the springs? cheers

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
keith for wheels are good blokes, i recommend them, they'll do a good well priced lowering job.
as for other parts needed, it all depends on the current state of your suspension...and whether you want it to handle well or just have the lowered look.
im pretty sure the s pac doesnt have irs so an adjustable panhard rod might be needed, also stiffer short travel shocks could be on the cards (although the s pac's came with sports suspension, so you might get away without needing new shocks)...other than that you might need some new bushes if yours are a bit perished...you'll find out which ones are pretty soon after lowering, because the changed geometry of the suspension will cause any badly worn bushes to give way.

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
thanks mate i know where your talking about,might call in soon. cheers