Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much for my VR Calais?

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
I Have recently thought about selling my VR Calais, what do you guys think i will get for it?

Specifics are as follows:

1994 VR Calais
I have been learning in it.
Will come with RWC
Been in no crashs
Completely Stock
228,000 on the clock
Full Log book
I have gotton it professionaly service every 3 months i've had it, evan know it only does about 1000km in a 3 month period.
Drivin by a senior for whole life until i picked it up of him 6 months ago
12 Months Rego
Maybe able to transfer 6+ months of warranty that came with the car, im not quite sure if it is possible.
Paintwork great, couple of slight stone chips, Right back door hit with somthing, couple of scratchs touched up perfect

So how much dya recon shes worth? your feedback is much appreciated.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
What area you in? For a stocker with avg km's your best guide would be online car listings.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
if its in such good condition, full log books, elderly driver owned (meaning hopefully not thrashed) and 12 months rego....then, why are you selling it??
i mean, thats the first question id be askin if i were goin to buy it, you've only had it 6 months and your lookin to off-load it....

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
You have a valid point. Well at the time i could only spend so much, this i my second option. I Have always wanted a VT 5 speed and decided if i get the right price for my car, i can combine that with my savings and get one. Thats why i would like to sell her.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah, thats fair enough champ...i wasnt havin a go or anything, just thinkin the way a buyer would if they were lookin at your car.
but in any case, id say maybe $3000-$4000 ...mainly because you got logbooks.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
lol, thats how much they sell for mate....especially once they've gone over 200k ...there's alot of newer lower k's cars out there.
for the $7k you spent on a '94vr (with high k's) you could have bought a vs or vt with alot less k's on the clock.
the fact is, your vr is stock, has almost 230k on it and is owned by a young guy...who is selling it after only 6 months of owning it.
no one is goin to pay top dollar for it, your goin to have to almost give it away with the way the current car market is...
you could put $5-6k on it and wait for months and months without a sale or put a realistic price on it (under $5k) and sell it quickly.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
The AAMI values are very high... they say a VSII Calais (V6) is worth $12k... not a chance of that.

Check out www.autotrader.com.au or something to see what they are selling for in your area.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
The bottom has really fallen out of the car market atm with the fuel prices the way they are and it's only going to get worse with the media whinging on about it... the market is flooding with v6's & v8's as people realise the high cost of ownership... So to sell a car quickly you either have to have a prime example better than anything else on the market, a unique rare car, or slash your wrists and sell it at the lower end of the price range where you will get the most people looking at it. Nothing's better than a fast sale... especially now with the way the car market is heading...used car prices will get worse not better...

Matty's just bought a S/C VS2 Calais 150,000 km for $8000 and something... (I am suprised he got one at that price considering how long it's taken him to purchase the car :p )... I purchased one in Jan 2006 120,000km for $11,000... another guy on here bought one with 90,000km for $10,000 a month or so ago, but that's how the market is heading right now...

When I bought my Calais S/C ones were were a rare item...now they're popping up everywhere....realistically being a 230,000 km VR you'll be lucky to reach $6000 the only thing that would make me want to buy it at that price would be if it was totally straight and immaculate throughout.

Last edited: