Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs equipe stripe removal

S

shy

Hi,
My son has just bought his first car - a VS Equipe. The only thing he dislikes is the aqua striping. Is it possible to paint over the striping? Or if he removes the side rubber can he also remove the striping from the front and rear?
Ta,
shy

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
yes you can, buy yourself(or him) a 'caramel wheel' A.K.A Pin stripe remover..... should be available at any automotive pain supplier.
read this post: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=30873

pretty much sums up what you need to do for the side plastic and the sticker too

Nick

S

shy

Thanks Nick, is it possible to also remove the aqua strip from the front and back of the car? Is it possible to paint over the strip front, back and sides instead?
Ta,
shy

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
shy said:
Thanks Nick, is it possible to also remove the aqua strip from the front and back of the car? Is it possible to paint over the strip front, back and sides instead?
Ta,
shy

Im guessing your talking about the grey strip on the black strip which goes around the car. On the back and front bumper u can scartch it off (i did it to mine) but along the side strips you need to paint it. I used matt black spray paint from supercheap to do this and have never looked back.

To paint it just mask aorund it with newspaper then spray the strip untill its covered. To remove the strip from the bumpers i just used my finger nail to scratch it off or sometimes it comes off in sections. Heating it up could help too but make sure you dont heat it too much as the plastic can warp.